Let’s see 7 things that I want. I have to narrow it down to 7. It can only be 7. Ok here goes.
1. I want a cow. I grew up around cows and I love cows. I love looking out the window and seeing cow grazing in the pasture. It’s relaxing to me. It takes me back to my happy place. I don’t need a heard of cattle (though I wouldn’t turn it away), but just a couple of acres and a couple of cows. My students have to listen to me talk about cows all the time in my lessons. We talk about how they erode the land, how the predict the weather, how they have learned traits. The know my love for cows.
2. I want to not have to worry about money (but who doesn’t). I’m just going to leave that one right there.
3. I want a big stone fireplace in my next home. I remember the big fireplace my grandpa had. He had carried every single one of those stones from Arkansas himself. I want something magical like that. Something to read next to, to cuddle next to, to unwarp Christmas presents next to. Something magical.
4. I want Saturday morning cartoons back. Real ones! Like Tiny Toons, Garfield and Friends, Ducktales…the cartoons of my childhood. The ones where we didn’t have to put disclaimers because kids were responsible.
5. I want to be able to craft more, or let me say even at all. I know I can do it, and I know my kids would love, I just have no room. That and I can’t do it perfect so I give up and don’t try. I won’t like it if it’s not perfect. I know I know practice makes perfect. I’ve heard it before. I just have to get over that….and work on it to be better.
6. I want to be able to watch Game of Thrones season 4!! Do you know how hard it is to avoid spoilers on the internet? Since we don’t have cable and have to buy the seasons as they come out…I have to wait for it to come out on DVD. So impossible!! I’m almost to the point where I would pay for an HBO-on the Go password! Not really that’s stealing…but can I please just get HBO and no other channels…like HBOnly! I won’t even go to google images to get a picture for this because I don’t know what I might find.
7. My final and greatest want is to take my girls to Disney World. I want to see their eyes light up when they see their favorite characters. I want to see them run around and play like the princesses that they are. I want them to be able to marvel in the sheer joy that comes from being at the Mouse House. I have boards on pinterest dedicated to how to get there and what to do. I have a google doc and a journal with a plan lined out. I want it to be their first plane ride, and to tell them when we get to the air port. I want to be able to say yes to everything they ask for on the trip. I want to make it the most magical time of their lives. Of course I can’t. I figure to truly enjoy our selves we need 10,000 dollars (i’m guessing but planning big). I have thought about taking a second job in the summer. For a fleeting second I thought about selling my eggs (there is big money in that, but hubster would never agree to it). So I’ll take it slow and easy, and hopefully when we finally can afford it the girls will have my heart and eyes and still see the magic in it.