This past week has been a great one! I’ll admit I was nervous going into it because it was going to be so busy but we did it and it was amazing!!
1. I haven’t really told you guys but I find myself in the middle of a project. I’m working with the church and a group of moms to bring the American Heritage Girls to our community. The easiest way to describe it is “take girl scouts, take out the cookies and put Jesus in it’s place” Now I realize that might offend someone, not my goal. It’s just different and more church centered. So I have been having meeting after meeting to make all this work and I think **fingers crossed** we might be able to put it out there to the public the first of May.
2. Our school had it’s annual Arts Festival. Danielle and I went because she was singing and I was working a booth.
3. Veronica turned 10!
4. Veronica also had her first entry in the GT Academic Fair. There were lots and lots of tears cried over this project…some even belonged to Veronica! I wasn’t allowed to help but let me be honest, as a mom I wanted to step in so many times. I’m glad I didn’t though.
Her project was over the science of sound and how moving sound through a musical instrument causes the sound to change. She talked about how different size pipes made different sounds. She created her own instrument, dressed in costume, and made a diagram of what the instrument would look like cut in half!
You guys…she won! She won First Place!!! She also one the Principal’s Award for 4th grade!!!
I’m kinda glad she didn’t let me help her.
5. Friday night Veronica had a friend over. Jillian was spending the night with Granny and PawPaw so I made sure Danielle had something special too. Matka and I took her out to dinner at a new resturant in town and then we took her to see Rio2
6. Saturday we went out to the Hill to have some more birthday fun.
7. This morning I got the girls dressed for church and went out and took pictures in the blue bonnets.
8. Speaking of church. It was Palm Sunday and my first one in a Methodist church. I was all teary eyed.
9. This weekend a door opened…a door that the hubster and I never thought would be possible. We don’t know if we are going to be allowed to walk through that door, but we do know if it’s God’s will we will. So we are going to do our part and see what happens. Sorry for being vague, but we aren’t ready to put it all out there yet (trust me it’s good stuff)
10. This week is going to be just as busy…but I’m actually excited for Monday! It’s Student Leadership Week and I’ve got an awesome guest speaker coming for my student council!
Well interwebz I hope you enjoy your sunday afternoon. It’s going to be a lazy one for us. Just laundry, dishes, and t.v. 🙂