Sorry for the lack of posts this week….but it’s the week before school starts so you can imagine how that’s been!
1. At our welcome back breakfast my name was brought up in front of all the staff…it was quick, but still it made me feel pretty good to get called out for the in service I created for my geeky friends. I can’t wait to see how the project builds.
2. Oh and another thing, I made name plates for all my staff at my campus and while I was hoping to have someone else give them out, my principal had to tell a story about me and make me individually hand them out to each teacher. It was ok, and I’m glad I got to see them smile, but I didn’t do it for the praise.
3. I have a campus of first year teachers and have worked hard to make them feel at home, I hope they know they can come to me if they have any issues.
4. Today Veronica said “Mom can I have a car for my 18th birthday, it’s only 10 years away you know?” This girl can never ever complain about me planning too much again!
5. I think I’m really going to like my new teaching partner. I’ll greatly miss the old one, but it’s neat to have new blood in our team.
6. We have a deaf student this year, so there is going to be an interpreter in my room at all times. I’m excited to learn from her.