This is the longest I have gotten to stay home with my new born baby. With Veronica I could only afford to take a month off. With Danielle I was in the middle of student teaching so I was only able to take 2 weeks off of work. So this has been a huge learning experience. On my last official day of Maternity Leave I would like to share what I learned with you guys.
I don’t actually go back to work tomorrow, I have a workshop, doctor’s visit, and meetings. I go back to work on Friday.
1. It’s perfectly acceptable to stay in your pajamas for 3 or 4 days in a row!
2. I can keep up with and control the Laundry Monster!
3. Hulu is my best friend in the whole wide world.
4. ALL of the senior citizens in my town go to wal-mart between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and Noon. Even the little bus that drives them around town.
5. Speaking of Wal-mart you can buy just 8 slices of lunch meat in the deli, though I can’t figure out why you would want to. There are 7 days in a week, and if you just want 2 work weeks worth, that would be 10 slices. I just don’t get it.
6. It’s actually kind of fun to watch Veronica come running home off the bus.
7. I work with some amazing people who have taken great care of my students while I’m gone. I am very thankful for all of them and can’t wait to get back to work and be around them.
8. I have a greater understanding and appreciation for stay at home moms. Evey day is as different as you make it.
9. I am actually strong enough to do this. Three kids have taught me lots of things.
10. I do love my job and while I’m nervous about going back after being gone for so long, I know it’s what’s best for everyone. Once I get back in the swing of things it will be awesome!