Ok well it’s been a week since I posted which either means life has been so routine that I have had nothing to post about, or life has been so busy that I haven’t had time. Honestly, it was the first one. I’m calling this weekend’s edition Longs, because I can’t promise they will be short.
1. I love watermelon!! Even someone who knows me just a little bit knows about my love for watermelon. I can’t explain it, it’s just always been a part of me. I have never been pregnant with cravings during watermelon season ( with the girls I found out I was pregnant at the end of watermelon season). So as I’m walking through the store and I see those green striped melons, I know what’s waiting for me on the inside. I know what’s there. I have been buying watermelons like crazy (even at 7.00 a piece) and eating a whole one by myself in two days. Yes then I have to spend a few hours laying in the bed in pain. They just taste so good!! They are totally worth it.
2. There are a few exciting things coming up in June!! One is top secret that I can’t even tell you guys about (sorry I don’t know who all hubster has shared the link with), but just know it’s going to be so much better because it’s going to be a secret.
3. We had a very low key Easter this year. On Good Friday we had dinner at my mom’s house. The girls got to spend the night so hubster and I had an evening alone. It was funny to watch them try and kick us out of my mom’s house as soon as she said they could spend the night. I think they would have been happier if we would have taken our dinner to-go.
4. My husband is a gamer, always has been and always will be. I learned this early on in our marriage and even spent the week after we got married getting lost in the world of Dark Age of Camelot. I will admit that I enjoy it, however I’m not addicted. So in the years that followed hubster would keep up with the new games that were coming out and we would decide if we were going to switch. I have followed him around. My most favorite is World of Warcraft. I like the colors. I like the story. I like the places. I like that there are a lot of people playing. So while playing WoW one evening, hubster announced that a new game was coming and he wanted to move to that. That was about the time I found out I was pregnant and for some reason I never want to play when I’m pregnant. So he happily moved games and I just stopped. I didn’t want to move right away. I wanted to make sure the game had “staying power” and I wanted to make sure it was going to be something I liked. No point in wasting 50 dollars if I wasn’t going to play. Fast forward to this weekend and a moment of weakness at wal-mart. Hubster and I are now both playing Rift. I still like WoW better, maybe it’s because I understand it better. For now I am enjoying myself, though I don’t plan to play much during school.
5. I was kind of down this weekend. I look around my house and there is no sign of a baby coming. The nursery currently looks like a tornado hit it with all of the girls toys. We are getting them bunk beds in June and then their toys will move into their room to make way for the baby. I look in the living room and see where I want to put the baby’s swing. I know right where the high chair will be. I guess I’m just starting to get excited. I know the baby needs to “cook” longer, but I am not the most patient person in the world. I guess just feeling the baby kick this weekend made it start to feel real. I’m really hoping we can find out the sex at my next doctor’s appointment.
6. If you remember I was worried about this summer being really boring for the kids. With me being in my in the end of my pregnancy and the Texas summers being hotter than hell. However I seem to be coming up with a really good plan! June is done and booked!! July is getting that way, though most of July will be doing stuff around the house because I’m just not that brave. I think we are going to have a good time after all!
7. Our school posted the calendar for next school year. Looking at it I have found the perfect time for the baby to be born. I wonder if it’s too soon to plan my induction with my doctor. For those of you that might worry, I’m always induced because I am a high risk pregnancy. I always have my babies at about 37-38 weeks, but don’t worry they weigh close to 10 pounds. 🙂
8. This week is going to be crazy! There are 3 TAKS tests on my campus which means 3 days of keeping the kids in my room 100% of the time. Friday night is relay for life and we are all signed up to go, and then Saturday it’s more crawfish. There are two things I’m looking forward to about this week. The first is that I’m making Red Beans and Rice and I love that stuff. The second is that friday is “Everybody reads Day” which means we read. I get to share some of my favorite stories with my students and usually I wear my fairy wings to school that day.