I have written and deleted this about 5 times. I’ve said it in my head and it sounded great, I’m typed it and nothing. There are no words in my heart to describe what you are about to see. Proud is not strong enough. Love is not deep enough. Understanding is what I feel. Understanding inside the Goofy and Twisted mind of my anxiety suffering daughter.
This makes her eyes light up.
This makes her heart happy.
This makes her mind calm and focused.
This makes her listen to music in a whole new way.
This brings her to life.
This is the final product. (You will want your volume turned up for it)
The song is Family by Toby Mac and the scenes are from Naruto. She just heard the music and saw it play out in her head this way.
This is how my daughter expresses herself.
This is her voice when she can’t find it.
This is her peace.
Well we survived the first two weeks of school! I think we have it down now. :)
Here are your catching up, maybe slightly boring, sunday shorts!
1. I took a CPR class right before school started. I can now officially save a life! The dolls were a little creepy.
2. While I don’t actually share them I do enjoy hunting down names on cokes new bottles. This one made me think of the hubster….but not enough to let him have any! :)
3. On Friday this message popped up on my phone… apparently you guys were busy.
4. The saturday after school started the girls and I jumped at the chance to get out of town and spend some time with Matka. We especially loved finding time to fist the new Baskin Robbins.
5. The annual tradition! This school year is really weird for me because I already know a lot of my 5th graders. It’s my daughter’s class!! It’s also weird having my daughter on my same hall, at least I always know what she’s studying.
6. This weekend Veronica and I had the house to ourselves…it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that we binge watched the first and second seasons Duck Dynasty on Amazon Prime. I get it now America…I truly get it!
Well we are rocking through the first week of school! The routine has come back easily and we’re busy but we are having fun.
We are a family that likes to be involved. Church, UiL, choir, American Heritage Girls, the list goes on and on.
So sometimes things go undone. Sometimes I’m playing on my phone in front of my kids, it’s my 2 minutes of down time. I was very happy to see this article pop up on my news feed. There are many things out there to make moms feel guilty about how they are raising their children. Those perfect pinterest moms that are crafting goddesses. Those homeschool moms that can teach their kids algebra and have a perfectly clean house. Those crunchy moms that make their own butter and baby wipes.
I can’t do any of those things, but I can give my kids life experiences and busy and full childhoods that they will always remember.
We stay busy because I’m happiest when we are, and you know “happy wife, happy life”. :) Hubster has his things he’s involved in, I have mine and we have ours as a family. We just never stop.
So this one part of the article came at the exact time that I needed it:
. As long as you’re doing your best to make it all work for your family, you’re doing just fine, and that’s what matters.
One thing we were able to do on the cruise, thanks to the family, was have an only child day with each girl. That meant they had their parents all to themselves to with as they pleased.
So how did Jillian chose to spend her day?
We had lunch together and then had nap. It was a very calm day while all the other people on the boat were playing in Jamaica. My little freckles liked not having to share her mom and dad.